Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the life of me i couldn't get the hose down through that little opening, and i was scared to drill in to the car for my guage, so right now my guage is just electrical taped to my steering wheel. I don't want to screw into anything, im thinking some sort of adheasive caulking. any ideas?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

I didnt drill into the steering wheel i just used adhesive double side tape, Its still holding to this day it wont even budge, stayed in garage through winter also, didnt release.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

there are orange, red, white, and a black ground. Where do I connect the ground?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

0k used this to smooth out the install and everything you said is correct +5
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skylinegtr35
there are orange, red, white, and a black ground. Where do I connect the ground?
There should be a bolt inside the console fuse box to use for grounding.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Is it that bolt right under the fuse box?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skylinegtr35
Is it that bolt right under the fuse box?
yup, its like a 14 I belive.

Real simple install and just need to find a good mounting spot...Might just fab. a a-pillar guage since the airbag is on the top of the a pillar
Old Mar 9, 2009, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Install definitely helped. I did mine this weekend with no troubles at all.

I wish they would've provided a longer vacuum line though so I could've mounted the sensor where I wanted to. I'll be picking one up sometime this week so I can do it properly.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:55 PM

I just installed Prosport electrical boost gauge. Have everything installed and working. i just can't figure out have to wire it so that it turns orange when the lights are on. I have the red on door locks, white on the cig. lighter. and black grounded. Where have people been putting the orange wire? I have heard that you need to splice into the harness coming out of the steering column but i have no idea how to do this. Please HELP!!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gibsonsg
I just installed Prosport electrical boost gauge. Have everything installed and working. i just can't figure out have to wire it so that it turns orange when the lights are on. I have the red on door locks, white on the cig. lighter. and black grounded. Where have people been putting the orange wire? I have heard that you need to splice into the harness coming out of the steering column but i have no idea how to do this. Please HELP!!

this isn't probably that helpful..but you probably wire it to something that turns on when you turn your lights on (eg. lights for a/c knobs, dash lights, etc.). you just find the wire for those and wire the orange wire there.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:13 AM

someone mentioned splicing it into the "ASC" button...it only lights up when the headlights are on. of course this is a good solution only if yours is located to the left of the steering wheel...i believe some are located in the center console.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:31 AM

This is probably a very stupid question but how would you splice into the ASC. I mounted my gauge on the left of the column and the ASC is on the left so this would be the best place.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:48 AM

i'm not sure which wire it is, i've never even looked behind the asc button. i have mine running red all of the time. the white has a blue tint to it and doesn't match the dash gauges at all (IMO).

if i get a chance i'll look tonight and see if i can figure it out.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:52 PM

How do you have yours wired to be red all the time. I tried wiring mine to be always red but then the gauge wouldn't turn off even when the car was off and the key was removed. I had red to door locks, orange to cig lighter, black to ground, and white unused.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:50 AM

Great job

Quick Reply: Evo X Boost Gauge Install ,No splicing, No firewall drilling,Pics+Vid= Clean As Hell