Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ryancb
Same. Hey Steven where are you at again in Tx. Im going to be in San Ant in a few weeks for the weekend doing some work.
30 mins north of dallas, hopefully I have my car by the time you come down here. Maybe once I get I can head down there. Right now its just the waiting the game
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im in San Antonio
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Alright guys so once again I gave up on the evo, I guess I might be buying at the wrong time, either A.) apparently everyone is trying to buy an evo, B.) people are just stupid and don't know the actual cost of the car, Or C.) dealers know that people are dumb will lie to make some money. This is why I don't go through dealers.

I needed a car so I bought a 01 mustang cobra with alot of mods with 59k miles on it not bad of a deal. So I guess I will hurry and pay this car off keep it for a couple then just save some money on the side for an 05-06 evo. Or maybe since I have a better job in a few weeks, I will buy an oz rally and do the evo swap again, and just build that car better than my old one.

I will try to help yall as much as I can but Im going to have to learn about my new car im getting so i can replace parts if something breaks. But keep me updated with your builds
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

now I dont even know if I want the cobra... I didnt realize mods for that car were going to be like 6k+

after all the stupidity I have said on my thread I should have kept the lancer
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Turbo Lancer well put together is a great , smooth and reliable car!!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
Turbo Lancer well put together is a great , smooth and reliable car!!

well heres my idea and Im going to stop complaining and just do it.

I bought the cobra mustang, next I will be putting on a procharger kit to 6psi and that will put me at 400-450 horsepower and then the car will be complete.

Next since I have two jobs making decent money I will be buying a salvage lancer that needs a front end interior, but still have motor etc... I will be building that into the same car I had before but this time I think I will be doing a white evo conversion I think that would be pretty cool. Build it into my dragster take apart the motor and build it since the cobra will be my DD. So my last post will probably be on friday posting pics of my new car and a video and after that I will be on evom in about 2-4 months with the status of a lancer. I have to admit the best project I have ever done was the lancer and I think this time I will go all out on it. might even put in the 4G64 for the heck of it since I will have time lol

then maybe I might get the evo since prices are going up but I think for now the word evo won't be coming out my mouth anymore

Last edited by steven121; Oct 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Evo front is pretty gay.... "Dont fake the funk" If you want it to make it look like an Evo just buy one ! If not make it look like the car that it is !
Old Oct 4, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why did you buy a cobra only to change from a roots supercharger to a centrifigual supercharger? waste of money. should have bought a gt or a mach 1 if that was your plan. get a kenne bell and call it done.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
Evo front is pretty gay.... "Dont fake the funk" If you want it to make it look like an Evo just buy one ! If not make it look like the car that it is !
I'd roll an evo front if only for usefulness of getting more air to my intercooler when driving....but yeah, probably wouldn't choose EVO if I could get kaminari or something else instead. Something that was classy, not ricey is all I ask.

Originally Posted by lude2evo
why did you buy a cobra only to change from a roots supercharger to a centrifigual supercharger? waste of money. should have bought a gt or a mach 1 if that was your plan. get a kenne bell and call it done.
Leave the cobra as is I say, just pocket the money you make, save it, and enjoy knowing you can afford the evo one day. When I say "afford", I mean pay for it, not finance it....try to never finance anything if you can. Also, post cobra pics!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Actually I agree. Even a ported eaton with bolt ons would make your 400 you want.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Actually I agree. Even a ported eaton with bolt ons would make your 400 you want.

yeah your right, I was going to procharge it to 450 and call it done with the cobra, and probably build the lancer up to how I had it before so if one car goes down I have another fast car to play with
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

the cobra I got is an 01 that has 59k miles on it, a few bolt ons, and was a silver color.

I got it for 11,900, if I ever wanted to sell it the car wouldnt loose alot of its value

I seen a few cobras that went for 11k at 89+k miles on it
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
I'd roll an evo front if only for usefulness of getting more air to my intercooler when driving....but yeah, probably wouldn't choose EVO if I could get kaminari or something else instead. Something that was classy, not ricey is all I ask.

Leave the cobra as is I say, just pocket the money you make, save it, and enjoy knowing you can afford the evo one day. When I say "afford", I mean pay for it, not finance it....try to never finance anything if you can. Also, post cobra pics!
you know hornstar your right, I guess I will do that, I just got so frustrated with the evo that I just sort of gave up, prices are going up on them but I guess since I haev a car that will holds its value a little better I can probably get an 05 by the end of the next year to year and a half.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Cobras hold value sure. Just go down the right mod path if you shall choose to mod it
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:14 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
the cobra I got is an 01 that has 59k miles on it, a few bolt ons, and was a silver color.

I got it for 11,900, if I ever wanted to sell it the car wouldnt loose alot of its value

I seen a few cobras that went for 11k at 89+k miles on it
then the thing to do is then turn around and sell it at the 59k mile price and pocket the profit if youve seen it sell for 11k at 89k miles.....

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project