Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok so I think I will stick with the aem tru boost hopefully I can find a lightly used one. I'm going with the aeromotive fpr becuz it's cheaper. This is the hallman I was talking about I hope this is a good one so I can control my boost in my cabin

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...de=Lancer-Misc
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That one would work nicely for an in cabin option. I will say you probably wont be switching boost levels enough to mind popping the hood once in awhile to adjust the mbc and as such could get a nice lightly used hallman for half that price but its all in what you want bro.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet thanks man I just want to give the impression of turning up the boost before I race somebody plus i think it gives it a sweet look.

Last edited by steven121; Feb 26, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Used iPhone
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
Sweet thanks man I just want to give the impression of turning up the boost before I race somebody plus i think it gives it a sweet look.
Meh, I find that kinda pointless. If you adjust it up for a race or something, then you have to turn it down, watch the gauge, and adjust again till where you want it. Over and over....
I just keep it at the highest setting you will run. Just have to control your right foot.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Well it's going to be my daily driver till I can make more money so it's typically not my drag car yet until I get another car to be my daily driver and make my lancer a weekend car or whenever I want to have fun. I don't know yet but I'll still see if I plan on getting that controller
Old Feb 27, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Meh, I find that kinda pointless. If you adjust it up for a race or something, then you have to turn it down, watch the gauge, and adjust again till where you want it. Over and over....
I just keep it at the highest setting you will run. Just have to control your right foot.
+1. Very well stated. I think people often get the wrong impression that you're either not in boost or at full boost, WOT. There is a very nice medium for those with the right pedal control.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I was reading some threads on here about clearance issues something about an 04 lancer and slave cylinder transmission issues or something about built in internal slave cylinder. But anyways when installing my evo 8 turbo will this be an issue or do I need to do something to make it fit?

Just look at the arrows

Name:  DSC02901.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  DSC02902.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  81.6 KB
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:43 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na your ac pump will be fine and it will not be in the way. you may have to push your oil dip stick out of the way a bit but other than that yur fine there.

josh
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
na your ac pump will be fine and it will not be in the way. you may have to push your oil dip stick out of the way a bit but other than that yur fine there.

josh
Oh man I was hoping that I was like I cant afford to move or replace that.
Well anyways just an update got my injectors just waiting on my compressor outlet coming from the U.K. and I will be done. I will post up what I need tonight so if anyone wants to make some money or is selling some stuff just hit me up.

TD05HR 16g 9.8 turbo + wastegate - $285
forge adjustable wastegate actuator and a 7- 10 lb spring - bday
EVO 9 intercooler plus piping -$100
evo 8 downpipe - $65.00
stainless steel O2 housing - $50
440cc injectors - 85.00
forge wastegate actuator -
Blow off valve "evo 9"
Turbo Manifold -
wideband gauge -
Oil presssure Gauge- greddy 70.00
Egt guage -
255 fuel pump -
aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator -
oil feed - $70
Oil return kit -$80
boost controller -
arp head studs
10" Slim fans - bday present
Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup your 02 has the internal slave like mine so your good there, I did kinda slightly bend one of my ac lines just a little because it was a little too close to the DP for my comfort. I have not touched my dipstick other than pulling it to install the header then reinstalling it its sits really close to it but I havent had any issues
Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Yup your 02 has the internal slave like mine so your good there, I did kinda slightly bend one of my ac lines just a little because it was a little too close to the DP for my comfort. I have not touched my dipstick other than pulling it to install the header then reinstalling it its sits really close to it but I havent had any issues
sweet thanks for the update almost there!!! two more months
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Update just got the compressor outlet pipe from the U.K. I have been looking for that part for the past 3 months.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

hey what do you guys think about a perrin boost controller?

part number ASM-INT-700? just looking to get a cheaper one vs hallman.

or if hallman is the best tell me to shut up lol
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
hey what do you guys think about a perrin boost controller?

part number ASM-INT-700? just looking to get a cheaper one vs hallman.

or if hallman is the best tell me to shut up lol
One of my friends has a perrin and for some reason wants my hallman when I go ecu controlled boost. I think it is because when you rotate it a lot, you have to take the hose off and then zip tie it down again otherwise the hose may get kinked.

Also, make sure that there is a little bleed hole on the wastegate side of the boost controller. You WANT it to have that hole. If you don't have that little hole, your boost may taper down at the upper rpms to redline. Without that hole, the air inside that line and wastegate actuator cannot equalize to atmosphere when the ball on the boost controller goes back in the shut position. It may result in your wastegate not staying entirely shut, or not staying shut at force it should be.

You should stick with the hallman, they are less of a hassle to use.

Last edited by SyZyGy1394; Mar 2, 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Continuing on what I said. Having that hole is nice to have for taper reasons, but they also have to make it small because its a hole, and too big of a hole will make the boost spike a lot.

Another reason why using a gm 3port boost control solenoid is superior. That little hole is not always open on it. That and also the "hole" or port on it has a hose barb, so you can hook it up to a vacuum only source, and it will suck the air out quicker. Making the solenoid work even better!

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project