Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

DarkMitsu's 4g64 Swap Page

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow darkmitsu, why do you think yours was over heating ? Different engine ?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

well here is the deal - I live in the deep south , and it gets hot as satan's ball's here , I bought the slimline fans off ebay the ones that supposedly flow 1550cfm (they do not flow nearly as much air as the stock fans do) and am running 2 of them on the condensor side pushing air into the engine bay and if I run my a/c and sit still in traffic or a parking lot my temps will climb , but I can sit still in a parking lot or in taffic with no a/c and the car's temps stay good. While i am driving I can run the a/c no problem as well, This is why I think those ebay fans are trash but it's what I am running...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

So would anyone here rather have a stock evo instead of a swapped lancer.

What i meant was, A swapped lancer with money to spend on it, or a stock evo with no money to mod.

Last edited by bvasquez12; Mar 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: correction
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obviously the stock evo is what everyone would want, above all it's a better machine.

AWD
4G63T motor
Stiffer Frame and body
Wider Frame and Body
etc
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

i guess i asked the wrong question.
i can probably afford an evo, but i wouldnt be able to do anything to it until its paid off which might take a while. I think i would rather have my lancer with extra money to work on it, im sure a lancer can be just as quick if not quicker than the evo for less money, if things are done right. PLUS the insurance is wayyyyy cheaper on the lancer.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
So would anyone here rather have a stock evo instead of a swapped lancer.

What i meant was, A swapped lancer with money to spend on it, or a stock evo with no money to mod.

id rather have the stock evo. reason i bought a lancer coz its my first car. =)
and my job right now sucks.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

okay but lets say, you can afford a stock evo but wont have money to mod it.
Or you can have about 1k a month extra to mod your lancer.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ClixT
id rather have the stock evo. reason i bought a lancer coz its my first car. =)
and my job right now sucks.
haha same here
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

i guess i asked the wrong question.
i can probably afford an evo, but i wouldnt be able to do anything to it until its paid off which might take a while. I think i would rather have my lancer with extra money to work on it, im sure a lancer can be just as quick if not quicker than the evo for less money, if things are done right. PLUS the insurance is wayyyyy cheaper on the lancer.
Dear god....no
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Why not man ? Jehuty has no hope for the lancer. Ur telling me that 5k dollars for a built 4g64 , with 20 psi wouldn't be cheaper or faster than a 25k dollar evo?

Last edited by bvasquez12; Mar 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

it really depends on what you mean by faster, when you approach 300whp fwd cars start having real traction issues. there is a lot more to a car then just straight line power. but if that is all you are interested in then a highly modified 4g64 swap will probably beat a stock evo in the 1/4 mile.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Why not man ? Jehuty has no hope for the lancer. Ur telling me that 5k dollars for a built 4g64 , with 20 psi wouldn't be cheaper or faster than a 25k dollar evo?
it's not that I have no faith, it's that you're not thinking clearly. You're thinking something that everyone else has wanted and/or tried to do. Point blank, if you're lucky enough to be "as fast" or "fast enough" in a straight away, you won't be able to turn. The evo is a machine meant for what it does, which is to be a cominant force on the circuit and the straight aways. you're trying to take a fuel efficient economic vehicle and make it into something it's not. Our cars aren't Honda's, and I know you've seen that posted a million times but it's the truth. you need to accept it, or fight it, and quite frankly with the questions that i see you post, you don't appear to be ready to undertake in something like this. I'm not sure if you know what you're getting into by trying. I mean that in no disrespect, but more like the "hard truth"
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I have to agree with Jehuty here, basically anyone seriously building a 4g94 lancer does is for the pure uniqueness which I totally respect. If someone wants to go out and spend ALOT of money making a base lancer as "good" as an evo not just in speed but manueverability, traction, dependability, etc. You will be spending alot more than the cost of buying an evo and modding it. I like have a base lancer that will still probably hold pretty close with a stock evo from a roll but I am not out to have an evo killer. If I wanted that I would (and will be soon ) buy a supra, even though its alot more than even an evo its made for performance not economy just like the evo
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I guess we will have to see. If he can hang with evos from a roll, I imagine a g64 would do much better. Im doing this swap next weekend, once it's complete i will be doing my suspension, and then rebuild and boost. Since nobody has really done it, I guess ill see for myself. I know the evo is an awd monster but I also believe that with the right mods, the lancer would be able to take one down the freeway.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

absolutely, a modded 4g64 can take down a stock evo on the freeway. that is not in question. this is a never ending circle, you will need mods to keep up with the evo, so if you find a modded evo you will need more mods and so on. straight line speed is easy to make, try taking a turn in the lancer at speed, the evo will out handle you no matter what you do, the AWD and system running it is something you can not duplicate. i have a very fast g64 but it is not in a lancer, it is in a spyder. you maybe able to pull on an evo at freeway speeds but it won't be a lot of fun to drive on city streets. unless you enjoy replacing your tires, the g64 makes so much more torque that it will break the tires loose very easily, especially when it is boosted. but good luck and i look forward to your build thread.

Quick Reply: DarkMitsu's 4g64 Swap Page