Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Let's see YOUR track Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's an older oneName:  alfa5.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  60.6 KB
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Your car is looking better and better each time I see it. You have anymore track days before the winter? Not sure what the weather is like out your way.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boy am I glad I found this thread. I was planning on going the route so many of you guys have already gone in the spring but am starting to think differently.

A common thread I've noticed in this thread goes something like this: "The car was so fun/worry free when it was stock/stockish. Then I caught the bug and spent way too much money to turn it into a racecar. Now I can't enjoy it on the street and it is very expensive to run on the track consistently. Maybe I'll sell it and get a spec racecar."

Sound about right guys? Maybe I'll just focus on keeping the Evo an awesome streetcar and invest in a shifter kart for my track needs.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Name:  006-17.jpg
Size:  281.0 KB

Name:  058-3.jpg
Size:  205.7 KB

Name:  018-6.jpg
Size:  264.0 KB

Last edited by jsr426; Nov 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
Boy am I glad I found this thread. I was planning on going the route so many of you guys have already gone in the spring but am starting to think differently.

A common thread I've noticed in this thread goes something like this: "The car was so fun/worry free when it was stock/stockish. Then I caught the bug and spent way too much money to turn it into a racecar. Now I can't enjoy it on the street and it is very expensive to run on the track consistently. Maybe I'll sell it and get a spec racecar."

Sound about right guys? Maybe I'll just focus on keeping the Evo an awesome streetcar and invest in a shifter kart for my track needs.
Very wise grasshoper.

Sweet white and green EVO X, I like it!

PS - this site is wicked slow these days
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jid2

PS - this site is wicked slow these days
I think its the ad influx
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:51 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz

same here. i did cams, MBC, and a tune, basically. upgraded the FMIC, brake pads and fluids. threw on some Nitto NT05s. done.

i can drive all day long to the track. have fun. drive home. it's not 600whp, but oh well.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

yeah good thinking blitz, id get a kart as well and sell the evo but health problems prevent me from doing that. and thanks jeremy, dont know why i cant post anything on evoxforums right now. id go to a gokart track lapping day but im broke and wife's about to go on strike so i wont have money for a while. unfortunately in the northwest, once september rolls around its a roll of the dice to go lapping. never know when its gonna rain, but mostly it will.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Loving this thread!

I'll definitely be keeping my car somewhat stockish and streetable so I can enjoy it more without braking the bank.

Here is what I got done so far:

- JR racing drop in filter
- ECU tune by Shaun at FullBoostRacing
- Divided 02 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" resonated test pipe, 3" exhaust
- 3 port boost controller set at 24psi
- Walbro Fuel Pump
- 25mm Progress rear sway bar
- 255/40/17 Falken Azenas 615k
- Stainless brake lines, Motul brake fluid, and good pads
- stock suspension

KW V3's are on order as of yesterday along with new brake pads.

Debating on if I should get a set of track rims to throw on some R -compounds and get some track only brake pads.

If I get R compounds and track only brake pads, that will be the end of the road for me as far as modding.

The rest of my money will be spent on track days and maintenance.

Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:44 PM
kaj

i thought about R compounds, but my current suspension won't support the grip. and i worry about wheel bearings, etc.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

i had R comps with my stock struts and no issues
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:01 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by bradze
i had R comps with my stock struts and no issues
nice. i don't think mine would work. just too soft. the car wouldn't handle right nor take advantage of the grip.
then there is still my fear of wearing out all my other parts. LOL. if i'm gonna have something "give" i'd prefer it be the tires. it's cheaper.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 02:10 PM

I used to drag and auto-x my car until i hit the track... oh my is so another feeling, i got addicted at the momment i tried it.

I'm going to make a custom "roll cage" that don't eliminate my backseats, getting some semislicks (thinking at yoko a048), get bigger swaybars and aftermarket endlinks, a greater intercooler with 3" pipes, quaife diffs, polyurethane bushings, and some custom aero work with carbon fiber. I'm also having some ideas i would like you to comment and give me you advice of what should be the best:

-In the suspension area i'm between sachs coilovers or stance gr+, which do you think are better? If the sachs are better, which camber plates can fit these coilovers?

-What swaybars' combo should be the best for track (25f/25r; 25f/23r; 24f/23r; 24f/24r; etc)?

-I was also thinking in an aem meth kit to keep the engine temperature estable during the track, what do you think about this?

-I have "almost" stock brake system, so i wanted to know what are the best pads and rotors (front and rear) for the brembos? (evo V-IX share same brakes); I would also be very grateful if anyone have a diagram or pics of the "brake cooling system" made with silicone tubings.

-How good are rota rims for track? Or it should be better if i keep rota's for street and leave my enkei for track?

Here are some pics and the spec of my car, cheers and thanks in advance for the advices
ps: sorry for my bad english, i have not practice it since high school.

Mitsu Lan Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition
GSR (with AYC) - 1400kgs aprox.

Engine bay Mods
-ARP rod studs
-ARP head studs
-Comp Cams 272+
-Slow Boy Exhaust Manifold
-Apex´i GT Series Intercooler
-Custom Intercooler pipes 2.5"
-HKS SSQ Bov
-Stock ported turbo w/ 20G compressor
-3" o2 housing, and exhaust
-Manual boost controller
-AEM oil regulator
-Exedy Stage II Clutch
-Walbro 255lph pump
-PTE 880cc injectors

Suspension and Handling
-Evo IX MR Bilstein suspension
-Ralliart front strut bar
-Custom brake discs
-Sparco titanium brake pads

Other
-Haltech Sport 1000 Ecu

Last edited by Renxo; Dec 6, 2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:24 PM
kaj

[QUOTE=Renxo;8892237]

you seriously need to trade me cars. i don't care how much i have into mine, i want a white TME.

LOL
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:42 PM

First track day, October 16th, 2010, Firebird Raceway East, three week old stock 2010 Evo X SE. Don't think I will do too many mods, but definitely want to do more track days.

This thread appears to have a wealth of knowledge. Will take some time to read it all.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see YOUR track Evo-track1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Let's see YOUR track Evo