I Can Haz Track Car??? - Page 16 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Project Cars and Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

I Can Haz Track Car???

Old Mar 27, 2018, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Pan looks great! I should have powder coated mine as well...
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V.8MR View Post
Pan looks great! I should have powder coated mine as well...
Thanks! It's definitely going to be a rush to get it done. Should hopefully get the fitment on it proper tomorrow.

Spent another two hours today working on wiring. I think I'm around 10lbs pulled out but I'll weigh it all when I'm done. Got the new interior fuse box in the car and got a bunch of connectors depinned. Have just a handful more wires to sort through and then I can start wrapping it all up underneath the dash finally which I'm really looking forward to having done although there's still a fair amount of loose ends to chase in the engine bay. I've already finished wrapping up the wiring that runs to the rear of the car, I'll try to remember to grab some photos when it's all done.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

And the results are in! 10.5 pounds of wires and connectors, and there's now 22 less connectors in the car! I think if I'd started with a car that had all the wiring in it (doors, roof, etc) that it would be 13-14 lbs total. Hoping to get it on a scale this week to see where weight is at.

Old Mar 30, 2018, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Next- Ti exhaust and charge piping
Old Mar 30, 2018, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Next- Ti exhaust and charge piping
I'm actually debating Al pipes and exhaust. I almost got a Ti exhaust made but $$$
Old Mar 30, 2018, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ayoustin View Post

I'm actually debating Al pipes and exhaust. I almost got a Ti exhaust made but $$$

I also got it weighed at the grainery down the street from my house and she weighs 2830 with the race exhaust.

Edit: I hate the mobile app

Last edited by ayoustin; Mar 31, 2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Finished up the wiring last night. Probably looks like a mess to most people still but it's sooo much better than it was before. Most of the mess is from the wiring for the Defi gauges which I'd still like to clean up a bit better.

Old Apr 2, 2018, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beelee View Post
That birds nest of wires scare me haha
Not sure which photo you're talking about but all the stuff along the passenger side is just the wiring for my gauges coiled up and strapped to the dash bar. Looks worse than it is.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ayoustin View Post
Not sure which photo you're talking about but all the stuff along the passenger side is just the wiring for my gauges coiled up and strapped to the dash bar. Looks worse than it is.
He has been spamming threads with useless posts.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
He has been spamming threads with useless posts.
Gotta love trolls...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Did you make it to Gingerman this weekend? Make a video in car!
The Following User Says Thank You to V.8MR For This Useful Post:
ayoustin (Apr 14, 2018)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Did you make it to Gingerman this weekend? Make a video in car!
I did! The morning was pretty miserable, first session was raining and the next two were soaking, I was happy I brought multiple pairs of socks and shoes. Then we had lunch and after that things dried up surprisingly quick. Unfortunately I only remembered to bring one battery for my camera so all I got on vid was the slow boring wet stuff and I still need to edit it because it's super white washed (new camera, still messing around with it)

But overall I'm very happy with how today went. Learning a new track in the wet was certainly interesting and I had a hell of a time keeping the car from understeering, no scary moments though which was nice, probably because I was being overly generous with extending my braking zones. But once things dried out it was like I was driving a different car. The car went where I pointed it pretty much always unless I made a mistake and went off the line or overcooked a corner.

Got up to 125mph between 10 and 11 (the longest straight, just a bit of 950' long) which I'm happy with considering I was using the 93 tune with a turn and a half pulled out of the boost controller. Almost time for new brakes, pads have maybe 25% left (I started around 35% ish) and the rotors are a bit blue now, no cracks though upon quick inspection. Also I was using my street tires (Nitto NT555) because they have tread so I'm curious to see how things change when I go back on my slicks. I still haven't finished my oil pan yet so I've been running the car with some extra oil, zero issues with losing pressure, but the real test will be when I go back on a warmer day with slicks.

I did have one small mishap which I'm still trying to figure out. On my second session I lost a bit of coolant (rad was still full but the overflow was empty) and a fair bit was sprayed on the driver's side of my engine bay but I couldn't find any leaks anywhere after a few minutes of poking around. Topped it back off with water and it was fine for the rest of the day, no sprayed coolant anywhere, no loss of coolant, no overheating.

Overall, was a good day. No big issues with the car, got a fair amount of compliments on it, one of the corner workers stopped by at the end of the day and said he enjoyed watching me drive which I found flattering. Oh and I melted my bumper, lots of downshifts contain fiyah

Last edited by ayoustin; Apr 16, 2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

i had a similar random coolant loss incident once. my best theory was that it filled the overflow and pushed some out the cap. I started running a bottle on the overflow vent just to make sure nothing got on the tires and caused an issue. of course it never happened again but...

if you want some pads, i think i might still have some partially used dtc60's around.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds fun! I sorta figured the weather would suck, it sucked here...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21 View Post
i had a similar random coolant loss incident once. my best theory was that it filled the overflow and pushed some out the cap. I started running a bottle on the overflow vent just to make sure nothing got on the tires and caused an issue. of course it never happened again but...

if you want some pads, i think i might still have some partially used dtc60's around.
The big head scratcher is that the coolant was on the passenger side of the engine bay and there wasn't any coolant between the overflow and where the sprayed coolant was.

I've got a set of Carbotechs sitting around for after I go through these Hawks but let me know how much you'd want for them as I don't think the Carbotechs are going to get me through the entire season.

Sounds fun! I sorta figured the weather would suck, it sucked here...
Yea it was definitely more fun after it dried out. They repaved a few of the corners and the new pavement has worlds more grip than the old stuff. And yea I had fun driving back up to my place through all the ice and snow that came down while I was down in South Haven.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Can Haz Track Car???

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.