Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey gguys I have an 04 lancer es that imma put a t25 turbo kit in from turbokits.com. Does this look like a good kit? I'm not going for track times but as a daily driver. Also would I have tranny problems cuz there would be so much torque? And should I spen the extra money to buy a dual bb turbo?
Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK guys another update, I just bought a evo 8 downpipe for $65.00 off ebay, then I bought the 12mm -4an bolt for $20.00 "couldnt find it anywhere so whatever". Then I just purchased the sandwhich adapter for $57 and last the oil return flange for $12.00.

I pretty much knocked off most of the cheap stuff out the way. Now when my tax return comes back then I will start buying the expensive stuff!!!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:57 PM

So I have decided to strt a project on my lancer an that. Will drop a turbo in it. I wa looking at a complete kit fromturbokits.com with a t25 turbo. I would get the dual bb upgrade. Is this a good reliable kit for a daily driver? I'm jus lookin for more oomph not track times. Thanks guys all input is appreciated
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wewocadet View Post
So I have decided to strt a project on my lancer an that. Will drop a turbo in it. I wa looking at a complete kit fromturbokits.com with a t25 turbo. I would get the dual bb upgrade. Is this a good reliable kit for a daily driver? I'm jus lookin for more oomph not track times. Thanks guys all input is appreciated
hold on let me look at ur kit
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

ok personnally I wouldn't buy a kit cost to much for me thats my only concern. from what I remember is the t-25 is smaller than the 16G turbo "this is what I want to use. I did a quick search on that turbo and got this "The stock T25 turbo is pretty much maxed out at 220-250 wheel horsepower. The EVO III 16G turbo maxes out in the 320-340 wheel horsepower range

So as I mentioned before kits are good in one way "YOU JUST HAVE ALL THE PARTS" dude if I were you I would do some research on custom kits it can save you alot of money if you do it the right way.

also Im not putting down the turbo sure you will get some great acceleration but you hp is limited because of the size
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:13 PM

Ok I was lookin at it cuz it has all the parts. I get kinda confused on the down pipes, turbo manifolds, bovs, all that stuff. Any suggestions of websites that can either explain or where I can get parts? Thanks a lot
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:16 PM

Or can you buy this kit an upgrade to a better turbo later?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:36 PM

Do I still need a down pipe if I have racing headers with catback exhaust. I have no cats on btw.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:48 PM

I found a 16g turbo kit here. Is this better? Is there anything else I would need like turbo timers? Sorry guys I'm lookin but rather ask an be safe. :-) thanks guys! I'm learning a lot here
Evolved Member

Ok I was lookin at it cuz it has all the parts. I get kinda confused on the down pipes, turbo manifolds, bovs, all that stuff. Any suggestions of websites that can either explain or where I can get parts? Thanks a lot
You on it my friend the evom lancer FI forum is THE best source for what you wanna do

Or can you buy this kit an upgrade to a better turbo later?
Yes you can upgrade later but why? When you change a turbo you have to do more than just change the turbo you have to change the header, the downpipe, possibly change the oil feed and return lines, possibly add or remove the coolant lines, change intercooler lines possibly, basically everything that connects to the turbo (which there is alot) will possibly need changed depending on what you have and what you upgrade to.

Do I still need a down pipe if I have racing headers with catback exhaust. I have no cats on btw.
Yes your downpipe will most likely not mount up to a turbo 02 housing

Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:50 PM

Ok I didn't realize I had to change all that. Thanks so imma go with a 16g turbo
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Turbo timer isnt neccessary but nice to have. All this does is keep your engine idling for a set amount of time so the turbo can cool down with the oil flowing through is because if you shut it off after a hard run and the turbo is still scorching hot you will begin to basically cook the oil in it since it stops flowing and that can cause some major turbo issues
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:56 PM

Ok thanks a lot. I am gonna do a lot more checking into then before buying a full blown kit and get laughed at cuz it sux lol. All suggestions are welcomed ESP good sites
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

You can read my thread in my sig it has tons of useful info. Everything I have learned (no exaggeration) EVERYTHING I found here on evom. At the begining of last year I thought a Blow off valve and wastegate were different names for the same thing and open loop thresholds? Psssh whats that? lol now I am self tuning the kit I self built and self installed and lemme tell you my car hauls now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.