Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
yes those two hoses, just take them off, u dont need your tb to been warmed by coolant. and run them to the sides of the turbo.

ok gotcha which one is the return and which one is the feed? or does it matter
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
ok gotcha which one is the return and which one is the feed? or does it matter
Tap into the heater core lines. That way you know you have a solid full feed of coolant. Thats what i did and it took 30 seconds. Just get a T fitting, cut the two heater core lines, T into them, then run lines to the turbo. Simple as pie.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sicktght311
Tap into the heater core lines. That way you know you have a solid full feed of coolant. Thats what i did and it took 30 seconds. Just get a T fitting, cut the two heater core lines, T into them, then run lines to the turbo. Simple as pie.
thats what hes already doing with using the TB lines. they come straight from the heatercore lines
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

thats what hes already doing with using the TB lines. they come straight from the heatercore lines
im just going to tee off the lines its no big, I just need to know what size T do I need and which lines are the feed and return and that will solve my coolant problem and understanding
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
im just going to tee off the lines its no big, I just need to know what size T do I need and which lines are the feed and return and that will solve my coolant problem and understanding
It's better if you integrate the turbo's coolant lines into the coolant system than if you just tee them into it. Remove one of the lines going from the coolant pipe to the throttle body. Then run a line from the throttle body to the coolant inlet fitting on the turbo and run a line back from the coolant outlet fitting to the coolant pipe.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
It's better if you integrate the turbo's coolant lines into the coolant system than if you just tee them into it. Remove one of the lines going from the coolant pipe to the throttle body. Then run a line from the throttle body to the coolant inlet fitting on the turbo and run a line back from the coolant outlet fitting to the coolant pipe.
^this is what i did a lot better then having to tee in to them
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
^this is what i did a lot better then having to tee in to them
i dont even suggest T'in into them.. just reroute them all together. if your not in the north u really dont need the throttle body to be heated at all. (and hes in Tx)

but whatever works. water is water as long as its got flow to it.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

i dont even suggest T'in into them.. just reroute them all together. if your not in the north u really dont need the throttle body to be heated at all. (and hes in Tx)

but whatever works. water is water as long as its got flow to it.
hey anyones opinion matters to me I understand what you mean bro

im just nervous about the winters down here just because they change so frequently super cold one day and super hot the next its unpredictable. But hey you helped me find the coolant lines and I appreciate that I didnt even know where they were at. lol

oh yeah which line is which? still trying to figure out under the throttle body which line is the return and which line is the feed?

Also does anyone know where to find a 16G 9.8T oil return flange? need one about 5/8ths of an inch I will buy one new or used asap!!!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

hey anyones opinion matters to me I understand what you mean bro

im just nervous about the winters down here just because they change so frequently super cold one day and super hot the next its unpredictable. But hey you helped me find the coolant lines and I appreciate that I didnt even know where they were at. lol

oh yeah which line is which? still trying to figure out under the throttle body which line is the return and which line is the feed?

Also does anyone know where to find a 16G 9.8T oil return flange? need one about 5/8ths of an inch I will buy one new or used asap!!!
water lines really dont matter which way you route them.
oil return just get any evo oil return kit. u will have to cut the J pipe thing in half because its to long.
(any evo that has upgraded to a bigger turbo will no longer use there oil return line, so message a few people with forsale threads, see if they have an extra laying around for the oil return line)
if i remember right it was like a 30$ part form mitsubshi with we bought it for my buddies lancer we did a 16g setup on. (not 100% sure on that price) but we only used one piece from the kit, and we cut it in half..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jan 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

oil return flange

ok will this flange fit for my oil return on the evo 8 turbo? Its the flange part and thats all I need to finish the return part

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

ok will this flange fit for my oil return on the evo 8 turbo? Its the flange part and thats all I need to finish the return part

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Yes it looks like it will work. I'm using one from a t25 and have no problems at all.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZ Rally
Yes it looks like it will work. I'm using one from a t25 and have no problems at all.
thanks bro
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

goodluck with the build
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tnastyevo8
goodluck with the build
thanks man.

hey does anyone know what brand of gauges should I get for the following? I want to use the three pillar gauge becuase I think it looks sweet.

Boost gauge -
EGT Guage -
Wideband -
Oil Pressure Guage -

I just don't want to get some cheap crap gauges or really expensive gauges.

Or is anyone selling thier gauges that I could possible buy from them?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

wideband i say go for aem you can look in the evo for sales their are usually some up for sale on there
and for the others i have prosport gauges so you should look in to them

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project