Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by link62
wideband i say go for aem you can look in the evo for sales their are usually some up for sale on there
and for the others i have prosport gauges so you should look in to them
sweet man I wanted to go with all AEM but those gauges are so much. But the AEM wide band I was definitely going to go with.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i will second on the prosports i helped a buddy install some and they were retard easy with the directions that came with..... and even though i could care less they look way clean....
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:49 AM

i will second on the prosports i helped a buddy install some and they were retard easy with the directions that came with..... and even though i could care less they look way clean....
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

ok guys got an update now, just got my downpipe in the mail after waiting a week and a half but now its here, I tested it on my megan 02 housing for my turbo. honest to god I didnt think it was going to fit but it did!!!

Oh yeah and I got the down pipe for $65.00 I saved a ton!!! here are some pics

Name:  DSC02834.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  DSC02835.jpg
Size:  74.8 KB

OH YEAH SAVING MONEY!!! lol

Name:  DSC02833.jpg
Size:  32.6 KB

Hey guys just another thing do I have to modify my evo 8 down pipe so it can fit from the housing to the exhaust connector? and if so what do I need to do?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steven121

Hey guys just another thing do I have to modify my evo 8 down pipe so it can fit from the housing to the exhaust connector? and if so what do I need to do?
Do you mean from the O2 housing to the dp or from the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZ
Do you mean from the O2 housing to the dp or from the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust?
well i know the o2 housing connects just fine, but will it reach the rest of the exhaust or do I need to cut the pipe and make it longer to reach the rest of the exhaust?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
u need to cut just after the flange and extend it about 4-6 inches. so it goes under the motor
Old Jan 16, 2010, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
u need to cut just after the flange and extend it about 4-6 inches. so it goes under the motor
Which one the o2 housing or the connection to the exhaust?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZ
From the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust.
alright thanks man!!!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 06:55 PM

nice lookin build here

Last edited by Wewocadet; Jan 19, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

ok guys I have another question about the ecu. I know I have to use ecu flash but im worried about screwing something up so here are my questions

1.) is it easy to use and download
2.) if I feel like I can't reflash my ecu does someone with the same setup want to do it for me for some cash?
3.) when using the 440 cc injectors and flashing my ecu, my FMU is the flashed ecu correct? I called a place called triworks and he said I need an fmu? so I want to double check before installing my turbo in my car.

thanks
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

ok guys I have another question about the ecu. I know I have to use ecu flash but im worried about screwing something up so here are my questions

1.) is it easy to use and download
2.) if I feel like I can't reflash my ecu does someone with the same setup want to do it for me for some cash?
3.) when using the 440 cc injectors and flashing my ecu, my FMU is the flashed ecu correct? I called a place called triworks and he said I need an fmu? so I want to double check before installing my turbo in my car.

thanks
you do not need a fmu if your running 440's. your already gonna be running rich just from the 440's so you need to do the ecuflash so that you can tune them down.. 440cc is way too much fuel.. i think we only require about 330cc when running a turbo.. ecuflash is not easy to use.. you have to know what your doing.. but you can download you stock ecu settings from your car and save them to your computer in case you need to switch it back to stock...
Old Jan 19, 2010, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crf inc.
you do not need a fmu if your running 440's. your already gonna be running rich just from the 440's so you need to do the ecuflash so that you can tune them down.. 440cc is way too much fuel.. i think we only require about 330cc when running a turbo.. ecuflash is not easy to use.. you have to know what your doing.. but you can download you stock ecu settings from your car and save them to your computer in case you need to switch it back to stock...

ok sounds good, or do you think someone will give me there tuned settings to download onto my ecu to make it easier? I don't know much about tuning but I would like to learn so Im not bothering everyone with these questions. Oh yeah where do you download ecu flash?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

ok sounds good, or do you think someone will give me there tuned settings to download onto my ecu to make it easier? I don't know much about tuning but I would like to learn so Im not bothering everyone with these questions. Oh yeah where do you download ecu flash?
well the problem with that is that not everyones turbo set up is not the same. people run different components like bigger or smaller turbos, wastegates and stuff like that.. plus every car is different.. a flash that works good on one persons car doen not always work on another persons car.. and then theres the issue of someone giving away theyre hard work for free... people usually dont like todo that.. but if you can get someone to help you flash your car for a lil cash than thats always a plus..

heres the site you need to download EcuFlash

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=EcuFlash

best of luck with your build

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project