Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

razorlab's simple build(s)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 06:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Question, do you have any issues passing tech with the surge tank/fuel lines there in combination with the battery/electrical?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 07:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by V.8MR
Question, do you have any issues passing tech with the surge tank/fuel lines there in combination with the battery/electrical?
What tech?

Most of the groups I run with are self-tech.

But seriously, there are a bunch of things with the surge tank I want to change in the near future. The actual lines running under the back seat cushion to the tank top is the first thing I want to change to running to bulkheads and under the car to the tank top.

The car has got to the point of where I told myself I wouldn't get to with this one compared to my Evo 8. Oh well, so is life.

Also going to probably put a roll-bar in it very soon as well.

It's scary fast on the street. I cannot imagine what it's going to be like at the track. Hopefully I will find out in Feb-March.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
of course, 59580004 right?

Code:
<scaling name="Load_div_2" units="Load" toexpr="x*2*10/32" frexpr="x*32/10/2" format="%.1f" min="0" max="300" inc="1" storagetype="uint8" endian="big"/>
<table name="Disable STFT Calcs below this Load" address="57d6c" category="Misc" type="2D" scaling="Load_div_2">
	<table name="RPM" address="6233e" type="Y Axis" elements="14" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Enable STFT Calcs above this Load" address="57d7e" category="Misc" type="2D" scaling="Load_div_2">
	<table name="RPM" address="6233e" type="Y Axis" elements="14" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>
hey @tephra,

any way you could get this for 2011 GSR? let me send you some paypal.

Sorry to hijack your thread @razorlab
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
It's scary fast on the street. I cannot imagine what it's going to be like at the track. Hopefully I will find out in Feb-March.
Make some in car videos once you get it out there. Or if you ever "take a trip to Mexico"
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
that dyno is so mcnasty
Old Dec 22, 2017, 09:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Took the car out yesterday as I will be away from home for two weeks.

By the time I got back home the turbo was smoking way more again. So bad that I had to throw my clothes in the laundry because they reeked of burnt oil. I also felt a little light headed as well.

So not what I just spent $15k+ and waited a year of my life for. Once I get back I’ll figure out what to do next. Maybe I’ll go back to a stock frame.

New cars are looking good again. Wah.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Have you asked precision WTF is up with it? Logged crankcase pressure?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts

By the time I got back home the turbo was smoking way more again. So bad that I had to throw my clothes in the laundry because they reeked of burnt oil. I also felt a little light headed as well.

So not what I just spent $15k+ and waited a year of my life for. Once I get back I’ll figure out what to do next. Maybe I’ll go back to a stock frame.

smh.. hope you get that cleared, and would be very careful driving the car. wasn't there some freak accident with two guys dying in a fiesta due to fumes getting in? obviously not the same, but yea. maybe you can turn on recirc next time you drive it, whatever is safest.

after all the modding and stuff i just had to get away from doing power-adders. for me, not worth the continuous worry and headache, and i just run in a lower class now. i'll have a separate track tune though.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 04:48 PM
EvoM Guru

So here is a new one. Something with the Radium pump hanger came loose and is banging around inside the tank now. Every time I come to a stop it clanks around.

Fun times.

I'll pull the hanger tomorrow to see what's up.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 09:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I'm guessing your PTE is a BB unit? I can't even count on both of my hands how many of my friends have had their BB PTE turbos chew oil and/or blow up within 2k miles. I had a friend go through 3 BB PTEs in one year. I don't mean to bash on PTE but this is the reason I always prefer BW or Garrett turbos over PTE. Their JB turbos don't seem to be nearly as faulty.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 03:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Got a new video camera the other day. It's a Rylo 360 video camera. It's pretty awesome. You basically record with it stationary in the car and it records a full 360* view which you can then edit after the fact with their app. You can do cool things like follow subjects, look at different points, etc. Has really great stabilization, etc

It's going to be awesome on track! The audio kind sucks, gets blown out easily as it seems overally sensitive, this was with the windows closed as well. I might try stick some foam on the mic openings.

I'm still playing around with the editing settings and such but it shows promise for sure.

Old Jan 2, 2018, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
That looks really cool. Can you edit the video so you don't always have to do a 180* pan to cut between the rear shot and front shot? So you just snap back to a straight forward angle again?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

One stock frame turbo I would love to try, and wish was out before I bought my 18k, is the stock frame Gen II GTX3076. That turbo has been making some crazy power on many different cars
Old Jan 2, 2018, 09:39 PM
EvoM Guru

I think I figured something out today. I did an oil change. Before today my dip stick read between the two dots and the car was barely smoking at all, I could actually drive around with my windows down.

Today I did the oil change and it's filled right before the second dot. Now my car smokes again!

Could it be that when it's fuller it backs up the turbo oil return? So weird.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Yes, it could be it.
Try to enlarge the oil return lines from turbo to the sump if you haven't done it already.
Should be at least -10an if not bigger.

Last edited by Kevin Troy; Jan 3, 2018 at 04:50 AM.

Quick Reply: razorlab's simple build(s)