Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Modification Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I regret putting on the red somewhat. I had a green and the only reason I installed the red was one of the locals wanted to buy my green. I asked him if he was sure and he said yeah. I was originally going to sell the red and get an HTA 35R. So I get everything off and it turns out he changed his mind and did not want to buy the green... The red is fun and quick but sometimes I wished I had a gt35r, but having never exprienced a gt35r I might think it would be too laggy. This is why I only somewhat regret putting on the red. I sold the green to someone else on the forums.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:05 PM

Wish I had left my car stock and untainted. It just seemed so innocent and yet beastly rather than its modded, growling, and hungry for speed twin personality.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:06 PM

Forgot to add that I loved the car either way. It was immaculate, and I always seemed to stand a few inches taller after driving it.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

regret not getting full tbe
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

I regret putting in the ACT clutch.. sadly, the ACT is better than the comp clutch I had previously. I should have gone with the an Exedy product.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:50 PM

I regret having Vishnu Cam-Gears Installed. It was a ticking-time-bomb to destroy the engine. Vishnu installed the cam gears in order to tune the Evo. But the quality of the cam-gears are so weak that after some time this might happen to you!:

Last edited by CannabisEvo; Aug 19, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Anything from RnR racing. I hope karma gets back at them.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

if I only research more, but I was so enthusiastic then to get into modding that I had wasted lots of money and time. I regret getting the HKS carbon ti-hits the driveshaft, HKS SSqv BOV-useless and went back to stock bov, springs-should have waited and saved for coil overs, injen piping-should have waited so won't have problems fitting a buschur 35R, work meister S2R wheels-too heavy for me but looks great, went with volk ce28n. As what they say, you learn from mistakes..
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:44 PM

I wish I had gone E85 right off the bat. Now I have a set of new 1000cc injectors that are getting replaced with some 1650cc bad boys. And then the time and money to retune...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that man. How much did it cost you? Pm me.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mishimoto thermostat. runs way too cold and car goes in and out of open loop.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

I regret not sending my car off to AMS or Buschur for my first motor build and turbo upgrade three years ago. I decided instead to go the cheaper route and let a local shop do the build while I was in the Middle East. That was a big freaking mistake that has ended up costing me double of what it would have cost for me to send the entire car to AMS or Buschur for a motor build, turbo ugrade, and a tune I love my car though
Old Sep 1, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ODUB

My #1 single biggest regret? the Exedy stage 1 clutch.....

+100000

I just put the Exedy Stage 1 HD in my car and the engagement is horrid. I should've just put in a stock clutch, or stepped up to the Exedy Twin. Please, everyone, stay clear of this unit. I'm happy to talk about why via PM or AIM.

I also regret my Megan exhaust, poor fit and finish (granted it was an earlier megan design, i've heard they've improved)

If I were to do my exhaust all over again, it'd be the Buschur SCCA Catback.

Next is coilovers. I love my PSS9's, but my buddy went a cheaper route and is now hating it. I highly recommend NOT buying cheap coilovers, notably Stance (my experience admittedly with stance is with their AL+).
Old Sep 1, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i hate my greddy TiC. i shoul dhave purchased a buschur cat back. oh well come tax season ill have it
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Solo II Evo
+100000

I just put the Exedy Stage 1 HD in my car and the engagement is horrid. I should've just put in a stock clutch, or stepped up to the Exedy Twin. Please, everyone, stay clear of this unit. I'm happy to talk about why via PM or AIM.

I also regret my Megan exhaust, poor fit and finish (granted it was an earlier megan design, i've heard they've improved)

If I were to do my exhaust all over again, it'd be the Buschur SCCA Catback.

Next is coilovers. I love my PSS9's, but my buddy went a cheaper route and is now hating it. I highly recommend NOT buying cheap coilovers, notably Stance (my experience admittedly with stance is with their AL+).
I would think exedy was a reputable clutch, but i guess i'm wrong. Whats the cheapest clutch you can buy for an evo.

Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?