Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
Kinda off topic I know but basically to go from 440cc to 880cc is a matter of pulling off the cap?
Yes but you need them flow matched to be safe variance can be pretty large.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
alright so an update with the car

I gapped my current plugs to .24 and what do you know no more hesitation, the car runs so much smoother while in boost, im still getting som cels for knocks but the car is almost done with tuning
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
alright so an update with the car

I gapped my current plugs to .24 and what do you know no more hesitation, the car runs so much smoother while in boost, im still getting som cels for knocks but the car is almost done with tuning
See if you can get a full pull without it doing a fast flash. Slow flash is only 3 knock count which is very safe. Fast is 6 which is safe but getting closer to the danger point

Going to send you a new file with timing adjustment to make it knock less

Last edited by RoadSpike; Aug 23, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

alright so im officially done with the car, im now at 7 psi, I get a few knock lights but there slow ones so its just tweaking by one degree. But I want to thank roadspike for his hard work. I could never have done it without him. There will be more updates later but other than its time to have some fun.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweeeeeeetness man Boost time
Old Aug 25, 2010, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

man I look back at this thread, and now im like what else should I do?

Well heres an update for everyone I have been looking at evos lately and I think its time I should start looking to upgrade cars, but that wont be for another 6-12 months or so. But I already know how to swap turbos, manifolds, downpipes etc... But I think I will enjoy my car while I have it. I need to start getting myself out of debt first

I want to thank the lancer community for making this happen, I want to thank JRR, 03lance, Demon, Roadspike, Amby, link62, and whoever im missing on making this dream come true, I have built my first turbo car and drove my first turbo car as well, and its been 1 month without any problems and I hope to keep it that way. I will hardly be on anymore since I know alot about my car, but I will be online most of the time helping other people. I will make some videos once in awhile to keep the dreams up, becuase trust me I waited one whole year spending all of my paychecks on parts, and being broke... But it was well worth it. And the saying is true GO BIG OR GO HOME, because once you start the build theres no turning back.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

well im thinking about keeping the car after january if no one decides to buy it then I can just say screw the evo and just build the engine. So heres the plan after January

Buy a stronger clucth maybe a stage 2 or 3 not sure yet or whenever the clutch dumps

Buying evo spark plug wires if they fit - Need help guys!!!!

Buying pistons and rods, and getting the engine upgraded

Now I think I want to run about 275 whp with the car thats around 15 psi right? Now am I going to need a new cam as well? or what am I going to need to upgrade in order to keep the car from blowing up?

also will the evo spark plug wires fit direct in our cars? Im getting hesitation around 5 psi and up to wherever it stops, i just ordered new spark plugs yesterday. So I need to know if the evo wires will work
Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:03 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well im thinking about keeping the car after january if no one decides to buy it then I can just say screw the evo and just build the engine. So heres the plan after January

Buy a stronger clucth maybe a stage 2 or 3 not sure yet or whenever the clutch dumps

Buying evo spark plug wires if they fit - Need help guys!!!!

Buying pistons and rods, and getting the engine upgraded

Now I think I want to run about 275 whp with the car thats around 15 psi right? Now am I going to need a new cam as well? or what am I going to need to upgrade in order to keep the car from blowing up?

also will the evo spark plug wires fit direct in our cars? Im getting hesitation around 5 psi and up to wherever it stops, i just ordered new spark plugs yesterday. So I need to know if the evo wires will work

i never had a hesitation with the stock plug wires and i used the same base lancer cam the entire time.

josh
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 Steven I don't think its your wires I have never had an issue with them either. Like I was saying before all my hedidtstion was from fuel but it would spike to 17+ afr. can u log your wideband yet? If you can do a full pull in third to redline and if u get hesistation post or send me a log its gotta be something we can pinpoint in the log.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
+1 Steven I don't think its your wires I have never had an issue with them either. Like I was saying before all my hedidtstion was from fuel but it would spike to 17+ afr. can u log your wideband yet? If you can do a full pull in third to redline and if u get hesistation post or send me a log its gotta be something we can pinpoint in the log.
The logs i have of him definitely don't go lean at any point its just spark blow out. I suggested stock wires and new plugs for him. If those fail some sort of coil upgrade is in order.

I was hoping the evo coils would swap in but i have no idea.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
The logs i have of him definitely don't go lean at any point its just spark blow out. I suggested stock wires and new plugs for him. If those fail some sort of coil upgrade is in order.

I was hoping the evo coils would swap in but i have no idea.
I dont know if they do either, but yeah the fuel would spike at least to 13 and no higher, I ordered spark plugs already, so give me a couple days to get them, and a day to break them in and I will do another pull and log it for ya. Who knows maybe it could be the magnacores but im not sure and I cant find my stock wires...

also, 2 things anyone know where I can find a stage 2 clutch at for cheap? and if I plan on boosting up to 15 psi next year or sooner do I need a new cam as well?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

installed my spark plugs this morning, I put about 6 miles on them already, how many miles until there basically broken in? I heard it was 50...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm guessing they don't have to then
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'm guessing they don't have to then
nope nothing electrical has a "break in" period anyone that tells you otherwise is just fooling themselves. Electrical pieces either work or they don't stalling does not prolong life :P
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok lol no wonder no one bothered to answer lol,

ok so update, car is still hestitating I can really explain it, Roadspike knows what im talking about, but its like when I hit above 5 psi for boost, it sounds like when you put it in a higher gear and try to accelreate hard that hesiation noise. So the spark plugs are changed out and thats not the problem. I have 2 things I need to look at, A- Spark plug wires it could be the magnacores, or B - boost leak somewhere in the system...

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project