Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
Whats your little yellow looked at ?
My lemon slice...

My taxi cab...

My banana burner...

The yellow belly...

All names at some point for the lancer, cause it's burn your eyes out yellow. Sorry that was vague, lol, I assume everyone knows what I'm thinking (they dont?)

I am in Austin, no drag strips here that I'm aware of...Galveston didn't have one, I don't think but some places north of there do....still, SA is a ways from there. Should just meet up somewhere in the middle that has one, like....heck, that 1/8th mile one in navasota? I'd go...my parents live there!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HornstarBU
My lemon slice...

My taxi cab...

My banana burner...

The yellow belly...

All names at some point for the lancer, cause it's burn your eyes out yellow. Sorry that was vague, lol, I assume everyone knows what I'm thinking (they dont?)

I am in Austin, no drag strips here that I'm aware of...Galveston didn't have one, I don't think but some places north of there do....still, SA is a ways from there. Should just meet up somewhere in the middle that has one, like....heck, that 1/8th mile one in navasota? I'd go...my parents live there!
Austin is only like 45 mins from me . I live Ne of San Antonio in Selma , about 15-20 from San Marcos , just come down here to go the track .

I have friends that always come down from Killeen to go to the track with us .
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how much power if you kit producing? Too lazy to read through a 100 pages lol
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I would say 250-260 off 17 pounds
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you still selling the injectors...oh and still waiting for reply from shop about the block...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qaz003
are you still selling the injectors...oh and still waiting for reply from shop about the block...

The dealer should have my car this tuesday or wednesday, so after we talk numbers and clarify everything is good I should be picking the car up this wednesday at the latest.

I just need to see before making a decision the last deal didnt turn out so good thats why I need to clarify everything.

since I decided to try to get an evo whats funny is now Road Race is curious to see what we lancer guys want and I gave them a list of things we all are going to need if we are trying to build some nice Levos out there Still if the agreement doesnt go through I will turn this car into a 500 hp lancer. But only time will tell

but yes when I get the evo there will be alot of parts for yall to buy that made some true power. Im still the only lancer running 17 pounds on a stock block
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
Omg ok attn all turbo lancers, this is why I'm so frustrated I'm still getting misfire at high boost

I have my plugs set to .24 bre7e 4644
I have magnacore wires with stock coil packs
And a 190 lpg gsx fuel pump

Can anyone help me out so I can enjoy my lancer this week before I talk to the dealer?

Misfire happens during wot at 10 pounds but at half throttle its ok
I'm running the same plugs, same fuel pump and same stock coil packs that you are. I even think I'm running a looser gap on the plugs. About 2 years ago I was having misfire issues like you're describing. I ended up getting rid of the Magnecor wires and reverting back to stock wires and replacing both of my coil packs. The resistance in the coil packs were out of spec as per the FSM. Since replacing the wires and coil packs I've been without any misfires.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ya im on stock wires to.. always forget about that part. lol
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

dealer said the evo should be here in 3 days hopefully before thursday night because I leave out of town to galvestion... debating if I should bring the lancer to the track to whomp on 02 lancer es lol jk
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

does anyone know what size and where to get crush washers for a powersteering pump?

the bronze line that goes on the top? I got the nut off with a 20 or 22mm socket so im assuming that I should get the same size?

and where can I get these washers at?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i always just reused mine. and checked it to see if it leaked or not. im sure u can go buy autozone and get them to hook u up with one about the same size.
and i know ur not suppose to reuse bronze crush washers, but ive never had any issues with those few on our motors
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

I will try that demon, tomorrow will be exciting because I swapped to evo coil packs and I'm going to boost tomorrow with no issues
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Still having boost issues, galveston is pretty sweet, when i get back im lookinh into the evo
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

ok so here is the update for you guys

the evo im suppose to be looking at hasnt been delivered yet so im still waiting

still having boost issues, im guessing the plugs I have are only good till 10 psi then they go to crap. if I can sell some stuff today Im going to buy some laser iridiums and run those and that should correct the issue. Apparently the Bkr7es are just a good plug for short runs, still wondering how demon runs his with no issues but im going to need some new plugs
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steven121
ok so here is the update for you guys

the evo im suppose to be looking at hasnt been delivered yet so im still waiting

still having boost issues, im guessing the plugs I have are only good till 10 psi then they go to crap. if I can sell some stuff today Im going to buy some laser iridiums and run those and that should correct the issue. Apparently the Bkr7es are just a good plug for short runs, still wondering how demon runs his with no issues but im going to need some new plugs
I am running those same plugs steven for close to a year now at 12-13 pounds through most of that. The only issue I had were when my gap opened up on one for some reason. After I regapped them all to .025 all was good and has been.

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project